Back the Bend - 2020
Saturday, April 25, 2020: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
2020 will be the 11th year that the University of Notre Dame has partnered with the South Bend community and other local colleges and universities in a day of service through its Back the Bend initiative. In its best year, we saw over 600 volunteers participate in this day of service.
We believe that everyone is called to meet and contribute to the members of our community. Our slogan, “Together, It’s Our Place,” speaks to this belief and emphasizes the importance of collective action to building and maintaining a unified and flourishing community. While, yes, this lofty goal necessitates more than one day of service, in coming together to accomplish meaningful projects, we strive to establish community relationships and partnerships that will endure after Back the Bend.
This year Back the Bend will be taking place on Saturday, April 25th. Click here to learn about this year's service opportunities.
Check-in will begin promptly at 8am in Stinson-Remick Hall. We will be departing for our projects by 9 am with volunteering running from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend the Community Picnic at the Robinson Community Learning Center afterwards for lunch from 1 - 2 p.m. Please wear closed-toes shoes, long pants, and dress appropriately for the weather.
Email email@example.com with any questions you may have.
For more information about Back the Bend, visit their website: https://backthebend.nd.edu/
Back the Bend would like to extend their thanks to their partners for this year's event:
- The City of South Bend
- City of South Bend Venues Parks & Arts
- University of Notre Dame Student Government
- Robinson Community Learning Center
- Near Northwest Neighborhood
- South Bend Schools
- Unity Gardens
- REAL Services
- El Campito
- Camp Fire
- IUSB Student Government Association
- Notre Dame Center for Civic Innovation
- Holy Cross College Student Government Association
- Saint Mary's College of Notre Dame
- Bethel University
- Ivy Tech Commuunity College
- Saint Mary's College Office of Civic and Social Engagement
- Eco Belles at Saint Mary's College